5 Quick Tips on How to Sell Your Home for Top Dollar
1. Painting – Giving your home a fresh coat of paint is very inexpensive and yields top return on your investment. As much as we love to see our children’s lovable handprints on the walls, your potential buyer does not. Stick to creams, whites and light browns whenever possible as these colours are the most appealing to the vast majority of individuals.
2. De-Clutter – The saying “less is more” rings absolutely true when selling your home. Either move the items out of the home to another location (call up the in-laws, you know you want to) or better yet, rent a small storage space for 1 month or so (until you have a firm sale under your belt), then you can reunite with your lovable belongings. TIP – it is much easier to simply get rid of a lot of extra items before moving, save your sanity and storage costs.
3. Professional Cleaning – Spring cleaning is a chore, however, it is paramount that your home is immaculately clean to give it that extra “wow” factor. If you just do not have the time to do this, hire a professional cleaning company and ask that they do an “in-depth” cleaning as opposed to a regular weekly clean.
4. Curb Appeal – Get your green thumbs out! Flowers, shrubbery and lush green lawns sell! Simple as that – you do not have to spend a fortune on gardening, merely head over to your local grocer and pick up some pre-potted arrangements, place them near walkways and entrances – let us not forget a nice bouquet of flowers on the kitchen table!
5. Odour Friendly Home – Try to avoid strong aromatic cooking if at all possible while you are trying to sell your home. This of course, is easier said than done. If this is unavoidable, then try lighting a scented candle, bake a quick batch of cookies or simply brew a pot of coffee just before your showings.
A realtor’s helpful and proven tips, coupled with great aggressive marketing strategies, will ensure that your home sells for top dollar in the shortest period of time.
I would be more than happy to discuss some marketing plans on how to quickly sell your home for top dollar, as well as find that perfect dream home you are seeking.